Dr. Ashraf recognizes that adults and children have different needs and require different levels of attention and care. We will work with you to ensure you receive the most appropriate treatment and your needs are met with understanding, respect, and full commitment from us.
Orthodontics for Children
The American Association of Orthodontists recommends a visit to the orthodontist around age seven.
- Correct and guide the growth of your child's jaw
Regulate the width of the upper and lower arches
Create more space for crowded teeth
Avoid the need for permanent tooth extractions later in life
Correct thumb sucking and help improve minor speech problems
Consider an orthodontic consultation if your child has one or more of the following problems
- Difficulty chewing or biting
- Thumb or finger sucking
- Tongue thrust
- Speech problems
- Overlapping or crowded teeth
- Protruded teeth (overjet)
- Crossbites and under-bites (lower teeth overlapping upper teeth)
- Space between the upper and lower front teeth (open bite)
- Lower teeth biting into the roof of the mouth (deep bite)
- Upper teeth biting into the lower gums (deep bite)
- Missing teeth
- Impacted teeth
- Facial and/or jaw asymmetries
Please contact our practice to schedule an appointment for an orthodontic evaluation. Early treatment now will give your child a healthy, beautiful smile for the future.
Orthodontics for Teens
Teenagers who have never had orthodontics will most likely have their orthodontic treatment done in one comprehensive phase. There are various aesthetic options which make life with braces much easier, more comfortable, and even more stylish than in the past including :
- Damon Q self ligating brackets
- Ceramic braces
- Invisalign Teen®
- Traditional metal braces
Treatment times can vary depending on how quickly your body responds and how much work is needed to give you the perfect smile you desire.
Orthodontics for Adults
Orthodontic treatment is no longer just for teens. In fact, the American Association of Orthodontists states that one in five orthodontic patients is over the age of 21. Many adults are choosing to receive treatment because they understand the importance of maintaining their health, and they want to feel better about their appearance. Adults everywhere are taking advantage of the opportunity to receive orthodontic care, and now you can too.
Treatment options for adults
Today's orthodontic treatment options offer a variety of braces and appliances that are comfortable, aesthetic, and customized to meet your needs. Types of braces include:
- Ceramic braces
- Damon Q Self-ligating braces
Why should you consider orthodontic treatment?
- Straight teeth are healthy teeth — Teeth that are properly aligned are easier to keep clean with flossing and brushing, and will help prevent other health problems.
- A beautiful, straight smile builds confidence — Orthodontic treatment will help you smile with confidence .
- Orthodontic needes left untreated can get worse overtime. Crowding can result in tooth decay, worsen gum disease, compromise the supporting structures of the teeth, and lead to eventual tooth loss.
Other bite problems can contribute to abnormal or excessive wear of teeth, inefficient chewing function, excessive stress on the gums and bones that support the teeth, or misalignment of the jaw joints.
To learn more about the benefits of adult orthodontics please contact our practice to schedule an appointment. .